Monday, June 13, 2011

Kerri Hayes - Babe of the Month

BMR Sponsored Athlete & Fitness Model Kerri Hayes



My parents brought me up in a very healthy environment from the beginning. We never had any processed foods in our home, and sweets were reserved only for special occasions. I’ll admit I wasn’t a very athletic child growing up. It was only when I turned 14 that I started taking an interest in weights and training. My brothers had some weight equipment in our basement and I would often go down there to watch them train. I started lifting weights when I was about 18, but was basically clueless as to what to do, so I would spend hours just doing cardio and abs. I then started reading fitness magazines and would try the diets, different training routine’s and slowly saw my body starting to change. And I loved it!

Eventually, I made some friends at my gym who taught me how to correctly use the equipment, proper body form etc, and I have been on this journey ever since!

A lot of my motivation comes from looking through Oxygen Magazine & Muscle & Fitness, and seeing all the amazing bodies of so many women that I really admire. Nothing gets me more inspired to get in the gym and workout like seeing Erin Stern or Ava Cowan and their flawless figures in a magazine, it makes me say, if they can do it, then so can I! It also comes from the need to better myself and improve on something that I do have control over. Life has many ups and downs, and things that you can’t control, however you can control how your body looks by correctly dieting and getting in the gym every day!

I like to set goals for myself and seeing those goals through. Nothing gives me a bigger high then attaining what I set out to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...